Jade City and Bell II


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
August 4th 2013
Published: August 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Jade City is actually one building, a store with "family mined and designed" jade jewelry and decorative items. To entice travelers to stop, they offer free RV parking, to which we availed ourselves. Met a lovely couple (Dave and Sherry) who asked me to play harp for them. We had a spontaneous little gathering outside the RV. Dave said he had always wanted to learn to play violin; and after learning that I began toplay harp at age 50, decided that maybe he would give it a try. I hope he does.) I was delighted to have an opportunity to share along he road! From there, we traveled to our next stop, Bell II, a heliskiing lodge with a 15 amp (about the same as our portable generator) RV park AND A JACUZZI. How relaxing after these days on the road. Hiliskiing is the sport where the skiers take a helicopter to the top of a mountain, and then ski down uncharted territory. Photos follow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



8th August 2013

Nice jacuzzi
love the jacuzzi. I also found the sod covered cabins interesting. Similar look to what you saw in Nova Scotia or Newfoundland isn't it.
9th August 2013

Sod-roofed cabins
The sod is amazing insulation. The Vikings' dwellings with sod roofs were very warm and dry, the ones we experienced in Newfoundland at the reenactment site; and we were there on wet and bone-chilling days.
8th August 2013

Jacuzzi
That jacuzzi looks good. We had a few really nice pools to try out on our vacay, including the outdoor one at the Ahwahnee Hotel right at the base of the Yosemite bluff. It was surrounded by huge pines to give us shade too. Were there any goats or anything walking on those sod roofs?

Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb