Vancouver Island 2012 (3)


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
August 6th 2012
Published: August 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

On Thursday we launched the boat and ran up to Taylor Arm (about 8 miles) to check out the fish a good excuse for two hours running in the new 15hp kicker motor. The Fish Finder showed that the Sockeye Salmon were migrating up to the small rivers. You're not permitted to land these at the moment as they need to be allowed to spawn. We'll hopefully catch some Springers next week.

Meanwhile Sonny did his usual thing, relaxing! He is 14yrs old so he has an excuse.

Friday we waited in for a delivery of sand and Saturday Larry and neighbour Karsten dug a gurt big hole, placed the cistern and covered it over while I supervised and took photos 😊)

In the afternoon we went into Port Alberni to the towns Centennial Fair. Varous activities and events including a car show. Some very nice vehicles there. Afterwards it was swimming in the lake as it was really hot.

On Sunday I drove down to Qualicum Beach on the east side of the island and met up with Tony Thomas (my tutor on Traffic at Avon Street in the 1980's.) He was with his wife Lori visiting relatives on the island. It was good to see them and catch up on what they had been doing now that Tony is fully retired. (Tony will be over to Bristol in the autumn.) After lunch we drove to Parksville and visited the Sandcasle Competition. Much better than it sounds I can assure you! Oh and there was another car show on the park next to the beach 😊) DD: all photos to follow.

Back to L&J's for roast beef and all the trimmings and a swim as it was 110f on the front porch! Thank goodness for aircon!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



6th August 2012

Nice pics.
Sounds like a lot of fun. I am updating Dick Myatt by phone. We are doing very well in the Olympics,lots of medals bet you wish you were here? Pete.
6th August 2012

Cheers Pete, I'm seeing most of the highlights of the Olympics, but from a Canadian perspective!
6th August 2012

Hi Mike, I thought you'd be digging the hole by hand in 110f. Lol

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb