Day-15 - 07/07/10


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
July 16th 2010
Published: July 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

BoredomBoredomBoredom

Or maybe a nap.
We were planning on traveiling to Grande Prairie, and spending the night at our next fuel stop, but after seeing the location of the fuel stop we decided to push on a few more miles. We ended up in Dawson Creek. We stopped at the visitors center to see Mile "0" of the Alaskan Highway, also known as the Alcan Hwy.
Barbara and I were the unlucky ones today when we got the first rock chip in the windshield of the Rv.
We had a problem finding a place to spend the night, since the people in Dawson Creek think that Rv Parks and mobile parks are the same thing. After a couple of attempts to find a place we decided to continue up the road and take a chance on finding a place pretty soon. About 10 miles up the Alcan Hwy we ran across the Farmington Golf Rv Park, which was also a golf course, which was also a restaurant.
After a long day on the road, the longest yet, we all needed a good meal. We had grilled garlic chicken, rice a roni, corn, and biscuits. Shelby and I figured we drove about 500
Bear Proof Garbage CanBear Proof Garbage CanBear Proof Garbage Can

Money getting low, looking for our next meal.
miles today, and were ready for a good night's sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Log TruckLog Truck
Log Truck

Been in farming country for several days. Terrain has changed, and logging seems to be the major industry.
PICT1887PICT1887
PICT1887

Sign for the directionally challenged.
PICT1889PICT1889
PICT1889

Good looking couple that found their way.


Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb