Friday, 18 June, 2010 Watson Lake, YT to Liard Hotsprings, BC


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
June 18th 2010
Published: June 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post



The morning dawned (never did get dark !!) bright and clear and over 60 degrees. Bob washed the Jeep and the front of the trailer and we took off headed to Liard Hotsprings. We only got a few miles down the road before we encountered a construction site where we had to wait for the pilot truck and drove over close to three miles of wet gravel - - so much for the wash job on the trailer. We reached Contact Creek where they were reputed to have cheap fuel - - and they did at 1.079/L (about 4.10/gal), so we filled up.

We saw three bison down the road and got a couple of good pictures. Also saw sun dogs and a straight rainbow made by really high sirus clouds. We stopped at Whirlpool Canyon to see the whirlpool - - river was down so there wasn’t much of a whirlpool. The were a number of cairns on the rocks there so got a picture of that. Also saw a small critter that looked a lot like a chipmunk, but his tail was wrong and he had stripes on his head.

Finally got to Liard Hot Springs and checked into the Provincial Park campground for a night of dry camping (no hook-ups). Then went to hot springs. I can now understand why Mother always wanted to stop here on their way back to the states! The water fall they’ve made between the two lower pools really felt good on your back and neck! We really enjoyed it and took a nice nap after getting back to the campers. Had a few laughs about Bob’s hot pink krocs (SP?). Tomorrow we’re heading for Fort Nelson, BC, but might go a little further if we get there early.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb