Hazelton, BC


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
May 30th 2009
Published: May 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

LunchLunchLunch

Hush Lake
We finally got to sleep in this morning. No Alarm, and we were still up at 8:00. I don’t get it, but we are sleeping like 10 hours a night. I made black out curtains for the bed area and that help tremendously. It is getting dark around 10:00 and light at 4:00am. We had a leisurely drive into Hazelton, BC today. We are spending the night at a reservation campground. The tribe’s museum is right next door and we will do a tour in the morning. We took some pictures today that I have to share with you. The first is from a rest stop where the center stone in the cairn is from the castle where supposedly King Arthur, of the round table, was born. There are so many beautiful rest stops. This area is known for the lakes and rivers. There are over 150 lakes in this region. It is ironic that they have a bark beetle infestation, similar to ours. This is a timber economy and supposedly they have a drought. However, there is water everywhere and we have had lots of rain.
I had to post some of the great pictures from today. The totem poles
Rest StopRest StopRest Stop

Rest Stop
are from the Gitxsan tribe. We walked into town tonight for a beer and dinner. The beer was good, the dinner…not so much.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

TotemTotem
Totem

Totem
HazeltonHazelton
Hazelton

Totem Village


Tot: 0.254s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb