Tick Tock, its time to Rocket


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
October 6th 2019
Published: October 6th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Trip planning and bookings completed - check. Packing completed - check. House cleaned - well, kinda.

Only one more day until Allan and I are off on another adventure. We had originally planned a trip to Israel and Jordan, but the current unrest in the Middle East and Allan's fear of bombs compelled me to find a suitable alternative. The final decision - 4 days in Barcelona, followed by Princess Cruise's 22 night Mediterranean Odyssey, and an invitation to our friends Sue and Dave to join us.

This is not our first cruise, nor our first cruise with Sue and Dave. We've all been to Barcelona together in the past so we're all looking forward to seeing this wonderful city again and hopefully visiting a few sites that were missed the during our last trip before boarding the boat. Ooooh, and tapas!

Princess is an excellent cruise line, and most of the ports of call during this trip will be new to all four of us. I use Cruise Critic forums to search out info on the ports of call, connect with some of the people on the same sailing via the roll-call, and book a few private excursions. We find there are very few Cruiseship offered excursions that meet our expectations or budget constraints. The internet provides endless opportunities to find tours which offer small groups, exclusive experiences, better service and far better value. I do plan conservatively to ensure we're back on-board well before sailing time. One of our favorite pre-departure activities is to sit outside with a drink in hand and heckle those passengers running for the gangway two minutes before sail time! Fingers crossed, we'll never be one of those running!

Travelling with Sue and Dave can be adventure in and of itself. We've known each other for years, travelled together often, and occasionally end up "winging it" due to something Dave's done. There always seems to be extra doses of laughter (and Crown Royal) where ever we go. I am sure this time will be no different. We seem to travel so well together because we're all pretty easy going, and we each have our roll to play. I am the researcher/planner, Dave is the bartender/clutz, Allan is the responsible adult/caretaker, and Sue is the thinker/alternate plan executioner.

I can't get "Leaving on a Jet Plane" out of my head, so it must be time to rocket outta here. Stay tuned for all the adventures!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb