August 19, 2018


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
August 27th 2018
Published: August 27th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Sunday Aug 19

Today was an on-sea day. After some morning fog, the sun broke through to present the open waters of Queen Charlotte Sound north of Vancouver Island in glorious late summer brightness. There were white caps on the water indicating fairly breezy conditions, especially on our walk around the Deck 7 Promenade.

We listened to some good presentations on Alaska sites and wildlife, including one by Captain Jack, a retired crab boat captain from the Bering Sea.
One of the wines that we bought in Vancouver for stateroom consumption was a nice discovery. The Shiraz-Cabernet from Black Cellar Winery in Kelowna is highly recommended!

The Princess show British Invasion was excellent. The live show featured music from many sixties bands from England presented with sixties clothing and dancing.



Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



28th August 2018

Marion’s comments
Ferdy’s doing a fantastic job on this blog. I also brought in a bottle of Kakula on the cruise ship. While Ferdy was talking to Catriona I got to pour the first bottle of champagne on the champagne glass tree. We were so excited to meet our Australian friends and travel companions whom we hadn’t seen since last november when we were in Australia. I have known Cathy and Joy for 35 years and we planned the cruise together.

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb