Day 8 Christmas Eve and the countdown is complete


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Whistler
December 24th 2015
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 50.1139, -122.95

Fresh tracks again. Ian, Anthony and Michael up and on the mountain early for the first run at the powder. A great breakfast and some terrific skiing in the Whistler Bowl. Show no fear! Everything is possible. And Anthony even had time for some pics. They are enjoying the powder and with Ian's local insights manage to get the most out of each day's riding.

And, as always, the mountain adventure concludes with a hot tub plunge.

Pamela dropped in this morning to top up the fire stores and to ensure that we had everything we needed. Her daughter Merielle was her off sider. Winter Olympic Champion from 2014 in the Ski Cross - we were in e company of a super star. Unfortunately she didn't volunteer to take any of the troops out for a run or two.

Have to say the AirBnB experience has been a winner. This is truly a home away from home and I love the convenience of the kitchen and the washing machine and dryer. The "mud room" lobby is a bonus and the fireplace is my favourite. We are perched at the top of Blackcomb Way....turn left and walk three minutes to Blackcomb lifts or turn right and walk two minutes to Whistler lifts. Spoilt for choice!

Whistler has turned on the charm for us with more snow today. It really does trigger all the smiles in the Village.

No day is complete without a run to The Grocery Store (yep, this is it's name) and this afternoon was CHAOTIC. The line up for food was nothing compared to the line up for alcohol. The queue wa Southside the door and a "guard" was on duty to let customers in "one for one" as people exited. But, no-one seems to care - all very relaxed and patient with lots of Merry Christmases thrown in.

Checked in with the relies at home and joined in Christmas celebrations downunder. Had a chat with Mum, Aunty Gail and Rachel and crew at Gary's. Was the same cheer at all venues with focus on food and family. The conversations were a drop in and out affair because of the internet speed here but we got the Merry Christmas message across and sent our love.

Dinner at The Gables again ting ht, tied in with Mindy's "getaway" time. Nothing fancy but it seemed to please the multitudes - a chicken pasta - with a special no-sauce variety for you know who.

Come on Santa. We are ready. An early finish for us tonight to be matched by an early start for all tomorrow!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.061s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb