Vanderhoof, BC


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vanderhoof
July 15th 2009
Published: July 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Here is the quick update. We left Oregon on time (Sunday morning) and made it to Cultus Lake, BC the first night. Pretty boring drive for the most part, but we just wanted to put on some miles. We were very fortunate to have a host family the first night; we had a lot of fun with Brian, Jewell, and Jenae (I apologize if I spelled that wrong)! The next night we camped near 100 Mile House, with a little 50 mile 'detour' that got us nowhere. Lesson learned: camp where it is most convenient. Tonight we are with hosts in Vanderhoof, BC. Tomorrow we are on to the start of the Cassiar Hwy, and possibly going over to Stewart. We plan on camping tomorrow night, and for quite a while from here on out. Today, day 3, was our first day without rain. The first 2 days we saw some rain, which was not fun at all. My gear is working great, and everything stayed dry including myself. Well I am off to video blog then to bed, I slept very little last night due to our camping location. We were about 50 yards from the busy highway. Another lesson learned. Until next time...

Advertisement



19th July 2009

hey!
mike, it was great to get an update, keep them coming whenever you can (though i understand not wanting to spend all your time writing). i hope you are taking tons of pictures so we can swap all kinds of fun traveling stories when i get back! stay safe, donĀ“t crash, and make sure to meet lots of cool people! love, trish

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb