North to Alaska done and dusted


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
August 27th 2015
Published: August 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Gerardo,String and Rosco Gerardo,String and Rosco Gerardo,String and Rosco

The start of the Alaska Highway but for us the end!
North to Alaska, Done and Dusted.
As the sun sets here in Vancouver the first Rosco's Rocky Road North to Alaska's Klondike Loop adventure has been a success with all riders and bikes returned safely to the starting point.
Our ride from Dawson Creek down to Jasper was uneventful down the scenic highway 40, except for loosing Wayne in the chase truck when we diverted off to the Harley dealer in Grand Cache. For the rest of the day he thought he was in catch up mode and arrived at Pyramid Lake Resort about an hour before any of us.
Finally we were riding in great mountain scenery and clear blue sky as we headed down to Kamloops for the night. As we got closer we encountered smoke from the fires in the USA that had drifted north.
Our last days ride was from Kamloops down to Vancouver, there are two routes to take, the short one down Highway 5 or the longer scenic route down highway 1. The 'Wild Hogs' and Gerardo followed me this way. We found a great lunch spot at Ashcroft Manor, which was a stage coach stop during the gold rush years with many buildings left just as they were - the hospitality and food was exceptional. The rest of the ride followed the river down the scenic valley to Hope, then the congested motorway into Vancouver.
The following day we washed all the returning motorcycles ready to load into the container, Gerardo, String,Trev and went to Exceptional Motorcycle Services and changed our oil and tyres ready for stage two of our adventure.
We had a grand farewell dinner that evening.
The following day we loaded the container and farewelled the guys returning to New Zealand.
During the afternoon, Bones flew in to join me on our ride across Canada.
Today we leave Vancouver and head east towards Niagara Falls.
Cheers. Rosco


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



27th August 2015

Great reading
We are truly enjoying your blogs, daily comments and photos. Continue to have a safe, happy and healthy journey. AnnK and JohnK
27th August 2015

Great reading
We are truly enjoying your blogs, daily comments and photos. Continue to have a safe, happy and healthy journey. AnnK and JohnK

Tot: 0.214s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 23; qc: 81; dbt: 0.1403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb