Vancouver, British Columbia


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
November 14th 2010
Published: December 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Vancouver

We spent a few days in Vancouver before travelling back down to California through Seattle

Vancouver was a very relaxing get away from all the exams and coursework that was hanging behind in California.

The hotel room that the 6 of us had crammed into was inexpensive, despite having luxuries such as a Sauna + Jacuzzi. Most nights myself, David and Yann made our own meals whilst playing the day's slideshow photos and listening to music.
On the first day, we got ready to go out, and the club there was free entry, and free tequila all night.
It wasn't a bad first impression of the place. Although, there were many homeless people around trying to sell you their paintings or try to help you out for some spare change. This often added to the entertainment of the night out.

The second day, I woke up early to walk around Downtown Vancouver, visited the local music shop to play piano.
Later a group of us drove to Capilano Suspension bridge and that was our daily activity.
Although it was very expensive and probably not worth the $25, it was good fun and interesting.

On the third day, me and Guilhelm cycled around Stanley Park and sat down in a small Candian breakfast restaurant to eat a meal, french toast and famous Canadian maple syrup (yummm!).

We finished off the day by driving around Vancouver and Stanley Park taking photographs of the night skyline. I also saw a racoon for the first time ever.

On the fourth and final day, we visited the Granville Island, ate some Fresh fruit, and baked bread, visited Gastown, had a relaxing walk around the downtown area and spent the last hours on the roof of the hotel in the jacuzzi + sauna.



Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb