Christmas on the West Coast


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
December 26th 2006
Saved: September 15th 2021
Edit Blog Post

It's amazing how much you can take home for granted. I live about an hour away from the Rockie Mountains, but they still take my breath away, especially in the winter when they are covered with snow. On a clear day, the view from the plane is stunning.

When I left Calgary a couple of days before Christmas, it looked like a chinook was on the way through. The sky to the west was opening up, silhouetting the skyline against a blue background.

Christmas Eve we spent a bit of time at Granville Island. The farmer's market was crazy busy, but the cheeses and fruits we picked up were worth jostling the crowds for.

After spending a green Christmas in Vancouver, I flew home on Boxing Day. I left Vancouver in clouds, but closer to home, the sky cleared up, and the views were a Christmas present in themselves!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

28th May 2007

crisp photos
i'm wondering how your aerial photos are so crisp. it looks like you might be hanging out of the airplane!! did you rent one for the day, just to get some crystal clear shots? i have never been able to take such sharp images from an airplane ... esp the rockies photo in the upper right hand corner. tell me your secret!! ... please. :)
28th May 2007

Aerial photos
No fancy planes or hanging out windows. It's one minor adjustment in photoshop--the levels. I use the histogram to define the 'maximum' black and white in the photo. It's like taking away a veil from the photo.

Tot: 0.437s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 31; qc: 135; dbt: 0.3305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb