Day 105 Vancouver


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
August 1st 2018
Published: August 1st 2018
Edit Blog Post

Today truly epitomised exactly what travel is about … people, sights and food. Even though the sights were sensational and the food absolutely taste buds insane, it was the time we spent with people that had us on a high. Even trying to explain why or how we felt will do no credit to the individuals or the conversations we thoroughly enjoyed with them. The ‘them’ were Llorn Kylo, an ex-student from ’86 and his 2 very close friends Tom and Pete who joined us. Highly intelligent, well travelled, extremely successful in their careers but more importantly, extremely successful as ‘persons’. To sit at the same table and converse at an intellectual level as we did about many diverse subjects that were important to the 5 of us gave Jane and myself more than joy. To explain our internal feelings here is very difficult.

By 10.30am we were pedalling our way on hired bikes towards Stanley Park. We ‘clicked’ our way around the seawall, enjoying every view and every moment. Memories, some long forgotten, came flooding back. We didn’t have to say anything to each other when our eyes met; just smile, as we knew what each was thinking.

The “Rogue” fed us well. Jane ordered her 2nd main meal, the same as the 1st, when halfway through her 1st. That’s the effect her meal had upon her. Very unusual. In Gastown, after Llorn and his friends had departed, but on their recommendation, we dined at the “Guu”, a Japanese restaurant. Again, enough to say amazingly awesome, taste bud crazy food.

We walked Gastown, enjoying live music while standing on the footpath outside a bar/eatery.

Waiting to catch the bus to Ladner from Bridgeport a lady wanted to know more about the braces on my legs as she was a rehab nurse. She photographed my legs, well who wouldn’t(?) and wanted details on where to find them as she had never seen anything like them before. I mentioned that they were invented in Canada and gave her the details about TurboMed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement




















Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb