North to Alaska-Klondike Loop 2018


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
July 17th 2018
Published: July 18th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Klondike Loop 2018


Gotta have clean platformsGotta have clean platformsGotta have clean platforms

Rosco water blasts all platforms.
The excitement is building with the bikes already on the water heading for Vancouver, Canada for the start of our next adventure.

This adventure has a few dimensions to it as we are shipping 16 bikes to Vancouver in a 40’ container.

Loaded in the container are 9 bikes heading North to Alaska with us, 4 x bikes heading down to the USA - onto Sturgis and Milwaukee, while there are another 3 heading up to Banff, then following the Continental Divide all the way down through the USA to the border with Mexico.



We have a great team of 14 taking up the challenge of the10,000 km Klondike Loop from Vancouver, up to Wiseman and Prudhoe Bay in Alaska and back to Canada, all within 31 days…



Joining us on this adventure is Greg TL Smith who came with us in 2008 on our inaugural High Andes Adventure through Chile, Argentina, Bolivia and Peru - he will be accompanied by Patti on this adventure, riding his Honda Africa Twin.



Raewyn will be riding some of the days with me on our Harley CVO, the other days I will have
Bit of repair workBit of repair workBit of repair work

Pete helping with the modifications to fit the Indian in.
my cousin Erin Jensen sharing the pillion seat with me. Their ‘default’ ride is the chase truck.

Gerardo will be riding my BMW 1200 GS with Rocky Bear on the back.



Gregs cousin, Christine Shannon, will ride with us on her Moto Guzzi along with her friend Grahame Goble on his Honda Africa Twin.



Wayne Warren will ride with us on his Honda Goldwing, which will make a change for him - last time he drove the chase truck for us on this adventure in 2015.



Ian (Stretch) Macartney on his BMW 1200 GS, along with his friends Kel Rood on his Honda XRV750 and Graham Dwight on his Harley Softail also joining us.



Paul and Melean Absolum came with us on the ‘Shadow of the Andes’ Citroen 2CV adventure in 2012 driving their bright yellow 2CV. (check out previous blogs)

They also drove our chase truck on our Patagonia Adventure in 2014, so they are well versed with our style of adventure and it’s great to have them along with us again.



Riding off on a whirlwind tour of the USA, including
Full load to AucklandFull load to AucklandFull load to Auckland

Platforms on the truck and our Harley on the trailer
Sturgis and Milwaukee are Gavin (Radar) and Nikki Campbell, with Radar riding his Indian and Nikki on her Harley Softail along with Peter and Julie Hayes riding their Harleys.



The third group - riding up to Banff in Canada, then heading south into the USA and down the Continental divide are Graeme (String) Irvine riding his Honda Africa Twin, with Dave Kuriger on his KTM 1190 navigating and El Rogers on his KTM 1190 riding ‘Shotgun’.



So, all up we have 21 people for the first few days while we clear the bikes, then we all go our seperate ways and return to Vancouver as we finish our rides with the last of us heading home on the 12th September….

Let the adventure begin!

Cheers,

Rosco


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Yep, Ready to go!Yep, Ready to go!
Yep, Ready to go!

Pete, Nikki, Radar and Julie all packed up.
Yep a full container.Yep a full container.
Yep a full container.

Vancouver, Canada next stop.
Graham DwightGraham Dwight
Graham Dwight

Graham will be riding his Harley Davidson Softail on this adventure.
Ian (Stretch) MacarleyIan (Stretch) Macarley
Ian (Stretch) Macarley

Stretch will be riding his BMW 1200 GS.
Christine ShannonChristine Shannon
Christine Shannon

Christine will ride her Moto Guzzi on this adventure
Kel RoodKel Rood
Kel Rood

Kel will ride his Honda XRV750 North to Alaska.
Graeme GobleGraeme Goble
Graeme Goble

Gobe will ride his Honda Africa Twin with us.
TROUBLETROUBLE
TROUBLE

Rosco, Pete, String and Radar.....
Paul's Chase TruckPaul's Chase Truck
Paul's Chase Truck

Paul is pretty excited about his 'new' chase truck.....
Melean and PaulMelean and Paul
Melean and Paul

Taking a walk on a previous adventure....
Rosco n Bones.Rosco n Bones.
Rosco n Bones.

Ready for more adventure.


18th July 2018

Kiwi to Beaver country.
Good info update, thank you, Rosco. Will be riding the highways with you both. Keep warm, keep safe and enjoy. ???? ???‍♀️?✈️??
22nd July 2018

Thanks Rod n Tina
Stay tuned for up dates and thanks for your good wishes. Cheers, Rosco n Bones
18th July 2018

Wishing you all a great trip.
Looks fantastic Rosco another awesome journey with lots of stories to come. Radar and Nikki we may see you in Milwaukee, Shelley and I are riding from Oklahoma to the celebrations.
22nd July 2018

Thanks Barry
Sounds like you two are having your own adventure....Ride safe and keep having FUN. Cheers, Rosco
18th July 2018

Alaska and Canada adventure
Hi Rosco all he best for the trip you need a few more ktm up there. wish I was with you . say hi to Gerardo ride safe regards brian
22nd July 2018

You Should be with us.
Not sure the KTM's would make it...haha, don't worry we have a couple of BMW's and Honda Africa Twins to pave the way. Thanks for your good wishes. Cheers, Rosco
18th July 2018

Happy Days
Wishing you best wishes for your new adventure. We'll be following the action with awe and envy - and reminiscing about happy days in Bolivia. Take care and have fun. Linton & Heather.
22nd July 2018

Thanks
We will miss you guys, but this will be easier than Bolivia I am sure.

Tot: 0.223s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 22; qc: 81; dbt: 0.1313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb