still no job, running out of money, joined a gym, footballs all go!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver » YVR
April 11th 2012
Published: April 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Sooooo this week, surprise surprise more job hunting!!!! WHOOPY WHOOP WHOOP, not. Kind of over the job hunting now but what evs it'l happen, or it better cause im running out of money. VANCOUVER IS SOOOOOOOO EXPENSIVE! anyways Monday wasnt to exciting. Sebb had the day off so spent the arvo with him and holly. Dropped some cv's off etc. We went to a bar on the Downtown waterfront, awesome bar, but i asked a chick there how to get a joba dn she gave me a specicial site that apparently no one really knows about. She said don't go shouting it out but...

It's ok, i applied to a few jobs from there. I told her though that i think i talk, laugh and in general have to much energy for most of the bars here. She said don't change! thats Vancouver for you, very serious people here so at least i know im not going nuts and its not just me!

Tuesday again job hunting, nothing exciting...

Wednesday was a different story! I was at breakfast at 8am, 8.45am Sam shows up. i knew something was wrong cause Sam doesnt get up before 11am at the eaarliest. He asked me to be at the Hostel at 11. I was scared but said ok. Went and organised a few more CV's then i get a txt asking where i am... anyway in short FREAKING SAM (after i had told him at an earlier date that i didnt do motorbikes) SHOWS UP ON A BIKE!!!!! Talk about freaking nuts. never been on one before, didn't particularly want to but he had gone to the trouble of getting one and i had been told before i left NZ, don't say no to anything. So i went. We went up to Squamish which is a cute little town on the way to Whistler. We stopped at one of their nice waterfalls, had a bit of a look around then sam says we will go up the road to get ice cream. Fatty Fran thought cool... NEK MINIT! WHISTLER! Poor sam though, thought nothing off it and just went. he had no idea i was on the back of the bike freaking the f#@k out!!! Like actually crying etc. i was scared enough being on the bike then when i start seeing the snow and ice on the side of the road i lost it haha and couldn't talk my self out of it. Baby.

Anyway Sam got a bit of a shock when we got there and i was a bit of a mess. So once i calmed down it was ok and we went and had something to eat at whistler and a look around. So nice up there!

home journey was ok, he went slower for me.

Thurs more job hunting and lunch with my girls because Charlotte was off on one of her little excursions she seems to be doing all the time cause her visa hasnt come through (she leaves again on sat for freaking New York and LA and Mexico etc etc) then more CV drops and a positive interview at a pasta place in the lovely parnell of vancouver so hopefully thatl come to something! Then i went to Monks, the boys restaurant that they work at, with Sam. Sebb was working and cooked us some awesome lamb and risotto thing. LOVED IT! and where the restaurant is, is amazing. Waterfront and evening sun etc. Sam really knows how to treat a lady haha, pity i'm not much of a lady!

Friday i got on a bus for a 7 hour ride to Penticton to spend easter with the family.

It was such a nice relaxing weekend! i went skiing on sat with my uncle and cousin. took me a bit but i got the hang of it. it was awesome. alot of work though!

Sunday we went to Catholic Aerobics. Easter Sunday Church. catholic church is not particularly enjoyable and rather confusing with everything that you say and they say and yes... stand up, sit down, stand up, sit down haha. Anyway afterwards we went and stuffed our faces for easter brunch and then that arvo my aunt took me for a walk all along the waterways. Penticton is a nice little town. Its the end of the dessert thats runs all the way down to Vegas so is a bit dry and not overly green even though the surrounding mountains are covered in snow that melts and runs down into the lakes. Anyway there are many MANY winerys for tours that i will have to be doing over the summer when i visit and other things that the family do during summer. im looking forward to many visits there.

Monday i went to spin class with my aunt which was awesome cause it made me realise that i need the gym. Yes im eating bad and putting on weight but its more for the fact that i love exercise so i joined the gym here in Vancouver today. anyway mon arvo my cousin took me shopping for 'interview' clothes and then we all ate, again, an awesome family easter dinner.

tuesday i caught the bus home and had to rush to an interview that arvo in kits at a little cute cafe. so fingers crossed i get that job. shes going to call today. anyways.... i need to be getting back to the hostel. Got footy tonight! YAYA!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb