On Our Way


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver » Stanley Park
January 11th 2006
Published: January 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Up again at 4 am and checked in at halifax with no problem. Trouble began in Toronto with mechanical problems with the landing gear on the flight to Vancouver.

After an hour delay we were on our way. At Vancouver we hustled to the other end of the airport to make our connection to Tokyo. More mechanical problems and a delay of 3.5 hours. A new plain was provided. Again, we were seated in the back row. Is that where they put the people flying on travel points?

We were too late arriving in Tokyo to make our connection to Bangkok so Air Canada put us up at the Narita Exel Hotel, close to the airport and gave us vouchers for supper and breakfast.

There was a lot of efficient helpful staff around. It has a huge open lobby. The rooms are comfortable and comes with slippers and kimonos. You put your key in a slot by the door to turn on the lights. It took a few minutes to figure this out. On my way to the buffet supper (western, Japanese and Chinese), I explained the keyed lighting scheme to a couple of fellow passengers who were standing in their dark doorways.

A new sleeping experience! The usual foam pillow and another filled with what seemed to be rice husks. Almost as good as my old feather pillow but it was like sleeping with my head in a box of Rice Crispies. Lots of Snap, Crackle and Pops.

Bonne nuit.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0851s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb