Just another weekend at Cypress


Advertisement
Published: February 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

CypressCypressCypress

Alex and me, skiing as usual
Our weekends have been taken up with skiing - both Saturday and Sunday we have been going up to Cypress ( 30min drive from Van), not just to breakeven on our expensive season pass, but for fresh air, exercise and most of all fun!! Since realising that there is no future for us on snowblades, we decided to buy new skis through my work. A pro deal offered to employees enabled us to get the latest skis at a very good price. So here we are on a very clear day on Cypress, sporting our new skis - mine the Rossignol Attraxion V (Grrrrr) and Benoit's Head Xenon 7.0 (aka The Professional). With clear blue skies for the first day on my new skis I managed to semi comfortably go down some of the hariest blues on the mountain, and feeling relatively confident even tried out some moguls (quite unsuccessfully). Night skiing is also an option here. Imagine - jumping in your car after work, and heading up the mountain to go skiing. This city is just an all round sporting mecca!

With fresh snow, clear blue skies, and unlimited visilbility one of our best weekends up on Cypress was
Cypress mountainCypress mountainCypress mountain

THe best of the North Shore ski mountains. Great snow.
this one. This particular weekend was so good, the whole of Vancouver was up there, including probably residents of Washington state!
20mins wait at the lift was normal that day, but who can blame everyone for coming up here. It was just perfect! Here we are with our skiing buddy, Alex .



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Cypress mountainCypress mountain
Cypress mountain

The mountain has had 600 cm of snow so far.
CypressCypress
Cypress

At the top of Lions express chair lift. Access to the mystical sky chair (thats never open) and to horizon , a hairy blue run.
Alex on CypressAlex on Cypress
Alex on Cypress

Our mate, Alex whos from Chicago. We ski with him every weekend.
CypressCypress
Cypress

A close up - Alex and Cypress.
CypressCypress
Cypress

Here we are on Collins , a very scenic green.
CypressCypress
Cypress

This is Collins run - green.
CypressCypress
Cypress

Benoit and I , both enjoying our new fast skis.
CypressCypress
Cypress

More views of our mountain.
CypressCypress
Cypress

Those trees take a battering, but still standing.
CypressCypress
Cypress

This ones for you mum!
CypressCypress
Cypress

Me , on Cypress, trying to ski.
CypressCypress
Cypress

This is on Collins, Vancouver is clearly seen in the distance, with the chair lift for Raven Ridge overhead.
CypressCypress
Cypress

Collins again, I think...
CypressCypress
Cypress

Sea, snow and city. Vancouver has it all!
CypressCypress
Cypress

Here I am at the top of eagle express, the other more gentle side of the mountain.


Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb