4th Year anniversary Post


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver » Kitsilano
December 5th 2011
Published: December 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today is our anniversary and we went to church this morning (however we prob won't go back to that particular one) then we went to Granville Island which is man made and has markets open every day! To all the cheese lovers we had unpasturised french soft goats cheese, a mini baguette and a nice unpasturised french blue cow cheese from the markets - it is legal to sell it here as long as it has been aged for 60 days!!! We know you are all very jealous - amazing tasting cheese!! Oh and we also had Duck Prosciutto!

We then had lunch/dinner at a resturant on the island called the Sandbar http://www.vancouverdine.com/theSandbar0experience.aspx - we were on the balcony which has heated floors, gas heaters from the ceilings and gas fire places and blankets!!!! We had a seafood feast of fresh oysters, crab and squid, we also had some wings, red wine, desert wine and got a free desert for our anniversary. Lyn & Danny please tell Andrew we spent his gift wisely!!!!

In the last week we have been working at a factory that manufactures oil spill containment equipment so we have been doing the amazingly enjoyable tasks such as drilling holes in foam (mainly Chris) to trimming plastic (Kari). We're mainly doing it to set ourselves up with some extra cash to buy second-hand affordable snow gear! Kari got mostly waterproof snow pants for $33 which is fantastic value and they are basically new. She also got boots for $105 - which isn't too bad either.

The weather has been unusually sunny for this time of the year but unfortunately that isnt the best for the snow and we dont get to enjoy most of it anyway due to our long hours at work!

Anyway we miss you all and will chat soon

Chris & Kari

xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb