Victoria


Advertisement
Published: October 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We touch land in Swartz Bay, and jump into the bus taking us to Victoria downtown. Just stepping out of the bus and we already like it. Victoria has a strong British atmosphere with it's own special taste. Finally the decision is made to spend our money on booking two nights in an expensive Hostel and some rental bikes. We soon discover that everything in Victoria is expensive :S

All in all, the good city-feelings we couldn’t find in Vancouver are here around every corner. After two days of exploring the area and finding deer in the city parks, we try to get north to our WWOOFing place in Cobble Hill. It is a day early and we want to make a stop in Mill Bay. As we are on a low budget we want to save money by hitch hiking. Very excited we write a sign with Mill Bay and hope to find a ride. After three hours we are still at the same spot. Tired and disappointed we go back to the city and take the bus no. 66 to Shawningan Lake.

Sitting in the bus and not knowing where we are going to spend the night is not a new feeling for us, so when a nice lady in her early 50s asks us which are our plans, Diego does not hesitate to say: “ehmmm, we don’t know yet…”

We couldn’t be luckier. The lady starts texting and calling someone and her next statement is: “You are staying with this very nice Dutch family, you may camp in their yard.”



We couldn’t really believe it till a friend of the lady drives us to the front door of the place and introduces us to Kevin.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0696s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb