Victoria


Advertisement
Published: May 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Victoria, BC



May 4th –7th, 2013







Ship was late arriving and clearing customs after a lovely sail in the Juan de Fuca Straits







B and Jess were there to meet us and walk our suitcases to our 351 St James/ corner of Rendal in James Bay, 4 blocks from the Inner Harbour.







We dropped our suitcases off and walked a few more blocks to a neighbourhood bar and had dinner and a local beer. We enjoyed meeting Jess, she is all and more of B’s descriptions of her. Nice lady, bright and funny.







Sunday was B’s day off work, first, he drove us to the Salt Spring ferry dock in North Victoria, where we boarded a 35 minute cruise (again) to the lovely and well known Salt Spring Island. We saw it all: scenery, bakery, wineries, local cheese shops, and brewery. We had lunch on a rocky shore: Japanese bento box with chilly cheese on fresh warm bread and local beer, lovely.







B drove at a frantic pace like a race car driver up a 9 km road to the top of Mt Maxwell- with Terry in the back seat hitting his head on the roof at every bump and in a fine humour. Well worth the drive, even T said so, as the view from up there was almost 360○ of the island and surrounding sea in a beautiful sunshine. Magnifique!







We had a few drinks with Ben, one of his roommates and met Nick his other pall as we were leaving. It was nice to see b’s cat Panty as we had not seen her since we shipped her off last August from Ottawa, she might even be cuter than at that time.







Home at 8 or 9 and straight to bed.







Today is beautiful again, Terry says “ you are welcome “ to the residents of the west coast, he thinks that the sun shines out of h……







We will leave the house shortly to tour Victoria on our own on our Bed person’s bikes. We should see lovely waterfront, parks and have a nice lunch somewhere in town. Well, we had breakfast at the World famous Barb’s restaurant fish and enjoyed every bit of our fish burger, fish and chips and fish chowder. We biked a great loop to the ferry dock then downtown, parliament buildings, Beacon Hill Park and back home for a rest this afternoon( we had not been on bikes for 3 years).







We are meeting B and J for dinner and leaving tomorrow morning for Seattle on the Clipper. We toured Fisherman’s wharf, we salivated over the houses for sale: 189.000$



Then off to Ferris’ for oysters and beer, nice dinner. I have a picture of Jess in the other camera, will post soon.







Good night all. See you from Seattle. We walk 5 blocks to the Clipper terminal tomorrow morning.














Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb