Tofino


Advertisement
Published: August 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Driving over the island was fun, the roads are winding and very up and down, Jim pulls to the side to let traffic pass as we are much slower than most. Kennedy lake is amazing, a huge lake in the centre of the island, which we passed on the way to Tofino. We arrived in time to walk about a bit and then had Sushi for dinner and then back to the camper and sleep. We parked on the street as Ben had suggested and woke to the sound of people walking about outside. Breakfast was at the Morning Loaf bakeshop and then a short walk about Tofino. We called the Tofino water taxi and caught a ride to Vargus Island for a hike across to Ahous bay and a beautiful beach. It was an amazing hike, about an hour each way, through old growth forest and then ocean bog (which was mostly dry at this time of year). The path was through the forest and made of old logs, saw dust and dirt trail. It was quite amazing to be walking through the bog and undergrowth one minute and then pop out on the most beautiful white sand beach the next. The beach was quite deserted, so we had it to our selves. We sat and ate the snack we brought with us and watched whales surfacing way out in the pacific ocean, we walked a short way up along the beach and then had to return to the trail to catch our taxi back to Tofino. Jim found a book store in Tofino and then we had ice cream, before returning to the camper and starting off for Duncan and to find Eleanor.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



16th August 2010

Ah Tofino...one of my favourite places in the world...besides Dyers Bay. I rubbed shoulders with Valdy there...but that's another 70s story!

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb