July 10, 2009


Advertisement
Published: July 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

the Puntledge Riverthe Puntledge Riverthe Puntledge River

it's about 20 feet straight down from the yard
Day 40. Friday.
Just another day in paradise. The sun is shining, the river is burbling and the birds are chirping.
After a trip to London Drugs for an OS upgrade and external back-up drive for Bob we headed to Mount Washington for lunch. This is where he ski's. The lodge was nice and the Jerk Chicken was good although I could have handled it hotter. I don't usually eat cooked vegetables but these were sauteed el dente so they were quite eatable. After a few pictures we descended the mountain and stopped at Nymph Falls for a few more pictures.
I offered to make Bob some szechaun beef for dinner so we had to make a trip to the market for a few ingredients. It's a simple recipe but a good one. After dinner Tika reminded us it was time for her walk so off we went down the street to the woods. It must be really nice having a wooded area along the river half a block away. There are always people swimming or having a picnic etc. Just watch out for the cougars. Bob said he saw one jump out of a tree across the river once. Apparently they climb to the lower branches on the pines and wait for prey to pass. Keep your chin up!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

TikaTika
Tika

she is camera shy
Strait of GeorgiaStrait of Georgia
Strait of Georgia

and the mainland
me at Nymph Fallsme at Nymph Falls
me at Nymph Falls

how did I do it? A really big mirror.


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb