Brady's Beach


Advertisement
Published: February 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

One of our favourite places to go on sunny Bamfield days is the lovely Brady's Beach. Located on West Bamfield, getting there involves a short boat trip from Burlo Island and then a half-hour walk over to the ocean side of the peninsula. The beach is actually made up of a series of beaches separated by rocky outcrops. At low tide, it is possible to climb over these and walk a fair way along the coastline, looking out over the magnificent Barkley Sound. Quin gets to engage in his favourite activity of falling off slippery, dangerous rock faces and I get to indulge my unhealthy fascination with my old friend, the bull kelp. Much to Quin's relief, though, I no longer insist in taking it back with us and living with it in close quarters until it rots, after that unfortunate incident in New Zealand where I kept it in the car with us for perhaps a couple of weeks too long. Ahh, the fond memories.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Me Fooling Around on Brady's BeachMe Fooling Around on Brady's Beach
Me Fooling Around on Brady's Beach

Check out the trees clinging to the rock!
Playing with Good Ol' Bull KelpPlaying with Good Ol' Bull Kelp
Playing with Good Ol' Bull Kelp

Can keep me entertained for hours
Conquest of THE ROCKConquest of THE ROCK
Conquest of THE ROCK

Yes, I know it's not that high
Quin Posing for the Yoplait AdQuin Posing for the Yoplait Ad
Quin Posing for the Yoplait Ad

Perched on top of - you guessed it - THE ROCK


19th February 2006

i miss canada
you guys rock, thanks so much for having us. ahh i miss canada, seals, kayaking in beautiful bamfield, making a (small) start on the west coast trail!

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb