At home in British Coumbia


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Surrey
June 30th 2009
Published: June 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

June 2009

We have finally arrived at our new summer home in South Surrey, B.C. We officially took possession on the 1st of May but didn’t arrive here until the end of May after our adventures visiting family in the Canadian prairies and a few weeks in Calgary getting a few loose ends finished up and some final packing.

We found a good place, close to home, for our Motor Home for the summer and a lot of things were cleaned out and everything moved into our home. It will be a lot lighter, than it was, when we make our fall trip to Arizona this year. It’s hard to believe we had all that “STUFF” in that much space.

We have been shopping for furniture and other household goods as we got rid of almost everything when we sold our last home almost 3 years ago. Alice is having fun !!

We are looking forward to getting everything done so we can have a few months to relax and enjoy our new place. Alice has been very busy painting and I think I’ve seen enough un-assembled furniture to last for a long time.

It sure is different having a real home to go to now. We are very pleased with the place we bought and the location. It is exactly what we were looking for. For those that don’t know the area, we are about 32 blocks north of the USA border in the lower mainland of beautiful British Columbia, a little ways south east of Vancouver.

It will be fun to get re-acquainted with old friends we know in the area, hook up with some local friends we met on our travels and to spend some time with our family.

All is well as our travels wind down, for now.

We haven’t completely forgotten about travel and there are some places on our list to visit sometime soon ( Tahiti and Polynesia, 2 or 3 months in Australia, maybe another visit to Costa Rica, and who knows where else ?? ) We have lots of time to think about that.

We are looking forward to a great summer and fall in beautiful British Columbia.


Advertisement



1st July 2009

Calgary
Hi Tom Great to hear from you and great to see you in Calgary . Hope to see you again before too long . I was in White Fish Montana with two buddies for three days . That is the extent of my world travels this year . Take care Your Buddy Freddie
2nd July 2009

Great to be home
Hi Tom and Alice, Good to hear from you. We are glad that you are enjoying Morgan Creek. Have you played the course yet Tom? Alice I'm sure you are having a ball shopping!! And isn't it awesome to be so close to your grandchildren. I am trying to hold Eric as much as I can everytime I see him, however he still doesn't let me feed him! Linda and Ken

Tot: 0.33s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1699s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb