.....back to the real world!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Sunshine Coast
February 21st 2009
Published: March 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi all! Thanks for being along with us on this (1st of many) adventure(s)! At this moment sitting in our living room....watching the late news with Chevy cuddled with us, it is difficult to believe we were actually half way around the world such a short time ago!

Well to go back to the last blog....oh yes leaving Thailand. An early morning shuttle to the airport and off to Seoul....well not really....Air Canada routed us through Taipei...oh well one more airport to experience haha! Then off to Seoul and then finally to Vancouver.

It was great of Mitch to greet us at the airport., then to our favourite Sushi restaurant...yes one of the foods we missed !! After a feast at Kisha Poppo Mitch dropped us at the Riverhouse. For those of you that do not know....we lived at the Riverhouse for 4 years. It is a condo complex on the Fraser River in Ladner and still houses some of our favourite people. Our dear pal Lynda was in Vegas but offered her place as our arrival spot. We then had a great dinner with our friends Lani & Sharon. After an amazing sleep and early morning visits with
Sign in Taipei airportSign in Taipei airportSign in Taipei airport

.....no vague law here!
Jim & Vicki we headed for home.

It was a glorious day in the lower mainland and I am sure the mountains looked great on our ferry trip to the Sunshine Coast....however we slept through the trip....funny how a 16 hour time change can mess you up.

So we were home ....what would we do??? Took Chev for a walk....cooked a wonderful steak and savoured Greek Salad...and yes a decent red wine too!

Guess that is all to report from the Pollocks for now...thanks for sharing our adventure!

With luv,

Terry & Kelley


A week later. ...... Had a great day. Up early (thank goodness the jet lag is working it's way out) ...walked Chevy....housework & laundry etc etc..... Terry helping the neighbour with cement pour... trip to Sechelt as Kelley needs new hockey skates....picked up sushi...headed home! Chat with Alicia on facebook in Laos....enjoy sushi....look at all our Thailand photos..and reminise. Can such an amazing time be so recent and yet seem so long ago?

Ok, guess as we plan our next trip to SE Asia it is a great time to sign off here.



PS I am
Inflight movie...Inflight movie...Inflight movie...

Who can guess what flick makes Terry laugh out loud??
no travel expert but if I was to describe what we have experienced...I would say that Thailand has something for everyone! Both Mitch and Alicia have travelled here ....as much as they are individuals and we are their parents....we seem all to have found something here that is so very special. I dare anyone with an open mind and an adventurous spirit to give this amazing part of the world a try!


Hi Every one. I think Kelley has summed it up very well. I think we will be going back there. Thanks to everyone who viewed our little blog. Hope you got something out of it. It was fun doing it.

all the best

Terry








Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Our dusty shoes.....Our dusty shoes.....
Our dusty shoes.....

many miles and many memories!
 An hour in Seoul, Korea..... An hour in Seoul, Korea.....
An hour in Seoul, Korea.....

Think I will have a Haagen dazs sundae...just like in Paris Linda :o)
Heading home!Heading home!
Heading home!

...final leg of journey...from the city toward the ferry!
Chevy....Chevy....
Chevy....

feeling the same way we do......16 hour jet lag!
Getting back into our routine....Getting back into our routine....
Getting back into our routine....

then our liquid sunshine froze :o)


3rd March 2009

Well - one blink, and it ends. Almost like a dream. Glad you took photos to prove you actually left the airport. Thanks again for a wonderful blog report. Armchair travel is wonderful. Looking forward to inspecting your "cabin in the woods". Welcome home, hugs b

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb