Iskut & Smithers British Columbia


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Smithers
August 8th 2011
Published: August 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Teslin to Smithers British Columbia


Sunday we left the ALCAN Highway and got on Hwy. 37 crossing from the Yukon in to British Columbia. Hwy 37 consists of many twists and turns and is literally in the middle of nowhere (this is coming from a Burke native). Most of it is paved, but we found some sections that were just dirt. While coming around a curve near the side of a mountain we saw 5 mountain goats hanging out by the side of the road. We stayed in our tent at Mountain Shadow RV Park in Iskut. It was such a pretty place with a lake and mountains towering above it. They had a nice trail down to the lake, so we took Duke for a walk. The fish were literally flipping and flying around the lake. The mosquitoes were terrible!
Monday morning we began our journey towards Smithers. It was a gorgeous day for driving and we really enjoyed the scenery as well. British Columbia is beautiful! We had a very lucky day of wildlife viewing too. We saw a total of 8 black bears today.....one even crossed the road in front of us. We arrived in Smithers ahead of schedule so we were able to relax, have dinner, and walk on some of the local trails. Smithers is the biggest town we have stayed in since we started the trip. It has more than 2 buildings so that qualifies it as a city.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb