Day 119 Shuswap


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Salmon Arm
August 15th 2018
Published: August 15th 2018
Edit Blog Post

I spent quite a bit of time early this morning just staring … staring out at the lake, calm as calm, the opposite shoreline and mountains hazily visible through the smoke, and coming to the realisation that this ‘life-style’ journey that Jane and I have been on, is drawing to a close … at least here in BC. We have been more than fortunate to have had so many friends from yesteryear support us in our joyous journey: Mary and Rob, Wayne and Lori, Al and Barb, ...Ken and Joanne, Al and Robert, Gary and Linda, Deirdre and Peter, Georgina and John, Michele and David, and the many, dare I say it, facebook friends, who have followed and made comments about our posted experiences as well as the communications from back home plus the numerous friends we have caught up with on our travels.

We tackled by raft the Adams River rapids mid-morning with Wayne and Lori. Enjoyed every minute of it.

Dinner time came and so did the best time of the day; Gordon, Wayne’s brother and Wendy his wife, arrived from across the lake for dinner of tastebud delicious homemade in all facets, pizza … plus …
the mixed doubles table tennis championship of Shuswap Lake which saw eventual champions, Lori and Andrew drawn together, playing Wendy and Wayne, Jane and Gordon, the eventual runners-up. It needs to be said that the team that included Wayne, did not win a game! The final was a hard fought affair and if it wasn’t for the shot making exploits of Lori, the result could easily have been the other way.

Travel = People + Sights + Food.

Enough said.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement





Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0202s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb