Holland Heineken House Part 1


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Richmond
February 9th 2010
Published: February 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys! Four days here and soooo much to talk but not really the time to write it all down…

Just a summary: IT IS GREAT!!! The hotel is amazing! My colleagues are amazing! The site is amazing! Vancouver is amazing! Actually, everything is amazing!
Friday evening after checking in we spent the rest of the night at the hotel bar. Saturday breakfast at the crew restaurant of the HHH followed by a tour of the area (we are located right next to the Richmond O-ZONE). The construction builders had fallen behind schedule so there were not many things to do over the weekend. I’ve been working on the exterior lighting on Saturday, so if you’ll see the exterior of the Holland Heineken House on television, I’ve been the one who’s made the lights orange! :D
Saturday night at the hotel bar again, and Sunday after walking around the building looking for things to do but not succeeding, one of my colleagues (Marije) and I decided to be naughty and go and check out down town Vancouver. After a nice lunch at Steamworks near Waterfront, checking out the Olympic Village and the German House (small and far from as cool as the HHH!!! 😉), visiting the Totems at Stanley Park, the best All You Can Eat Sushi dinner imaginable, and coffee and a nice bottle of wine to finalize the day, it was time to head back to the station to catch the last sky train home. Sunday was the best day so far as you can imagine! Yesterday I’ve been working on the interior of the souvenir shop, hunting down 24 dummy heads for on the shelves in the shop, and at night we’ve welcomed the last crew members at the hotel, so from now on the 300 strong crowd is complete!
This morning there is again not much to do, so I’ve taken some time off to write you guys. This afternoon we’re going to work in our own outlet (The Lodge, the a la carte restaurant for me) to get everything ready for the press opening tomorrow afternoon. Tonight will the Olympic flame arrive here at the O-ZONE which is promised to be nice event, we’ll see…

Ok guys, this is it for now… Hope to get back to you soon with more updates and the pictures will be online soon as well.

Cheers from sunny Vancouver!


Advertisement



10th February 2010

wowowow!!! enjoy Vancouver... i'll follow your adventures on your blog ;) kiss from Italy! Antonella
11th February 2010

Hi
Vreselijk saai dus daar... Was te verwachten;-) xx
11th February 2010

Hey Tom, Sounds great! I'll be checking the orange lightning. xc
12th February 2010

Super! Ik heb me gelijk ge-sup-skraipt, dus zal alles volgen. Njoy!

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb