Something Illustrious and Particularly Silly


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Peachland
July 23rd 2008
Published: July 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Bike GreaseBike GreaseBike Grease

This photo is too cool for words. Taken on route from Princeton to Keremeos, in rediculously hot weather.
Hello.

After uploading nearly 30 photos, my energy is nearly depleted. Have no fear, my love for my newfound family and riding crew is not.
Im generally having a really amazing time. Its great seeing both the good, bad, and ugly sides of everyone. We all love eachother very much. Never have I been so close with so many people at the same time. We are a roving family, we are a wandering community, we are a mobile army of happy go-lucky do-gooders.

And do-gooders we are. By spreading the word about epic things like fair-trade coffee, sweatshops, ethical clothing, and resource conservation, we're helping change the world a person at a time. And every little bit sure does count.

Last night, we did our 40 minute performance in downtown Penticton. We had an audience of around 50 people, everyone gleaming and giggling with joy. It was really interesting presenting to the general public beside a public market, instead of a pre-organized venue. A greater variaty of people got to watch our performance, and because of our audience's lack of knowledge about who we were, we got to smack them up with all kinds of awesome humour, and
Valley of the 'Aints Valley of the 'Aints Valley of the 'Aints

Talk about bathing in pretty pretty scenery.
sweet sweet factoids about our planet. All in all it was a stupendous success.

Anyways, I must be off. Im off to take part in a cricket game, whopee! Know that my cellphone is still checked once and a while, so feel free to leave me a message.

Take care, thanks for readin'.

Tyler


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Happy happy fun times on Sunday SummitHappy happy fun times on Sunday Summit
Happy happy fun times on Sunday Summit

This is part of our Otesha Team. EXCEPT, for the 4 cyclists who are not wearing reflective vests.. they are some random bike tourists we met heading the opposite direction. On top of a massive mountain. Riding, from Calgary, to Vancouver.. talk about a coincedence.
No Words.No Words.
No Words.

Talk about spandex.
Hill.Hill.
Hill.

I love these things!
Beyond HopeBeyond Hope
Beyond Hope

On the climb towards Manning Park from Hope.
A Small FlyA Small Fly
A Small Fly

I like flies.
A Team of AmbitionistsA Team of Ambitionists
A Team of Ambitionists

Heading towards Hope, from Harrison Hotsprings.
Scott-John the DragonScott-John the Dragon
Scott-John the Dragon

Taking a nap, on a hard day, full of carrying me and my junk.
From the MountainsFrom the Mountains
From the Mountains

I so love that we were able to have a wicked mountainous adventure on our touring bikes.
PortagePortage
Portage

We are just that cool.
Lakeside YogaLakeside Yoga
Lakeside Yoga

at Sasquatch Provincial Park, near Harrison Hotsprings.
WaterWater
Water

In front of Harrison Lake, is me bike, of course.
Group PhotoGroup Photo
Group Photo

Of both the Otesha Kootenay Tour and Sunshine Tour. This is almost all of us. This was taken at UBC Farm, where our training week was. This was our day of departure, where everyone was struggling to fit their gear on their bikes, some for the first time. What a day.
A Momentous HikeA Momentous Hike
A Momentous Hike

So, when I got to Keremeos, I decided that riding a heck of a long ways on my bicycle full of gear every day, wasnt exercise enough. So I went on a hike, up a mountain. I made it about 25 minutes before my theighs gave out.. heh.
Car RideCar Ride
Car Ride

Tyler finally gets tired. Yes, its possible.. my and Travis's bikes are on top of the Otesha hybrid, nicknamed "Kootie". Travis is like a brother to me. The two of us play the roles of the hosts for our play, and are on stage for the entire 40 minutes. Our characters are two slightly abnormal Newscasters.
AleumsAleums
Aleums

On our way from Keremeos to Penticton, we stopped at a Satalite Dish ranch. Aparently, in all of north america, this place is the best, for listening to outer space. Want to hear what Jupiter sounds like? This is the place to go.
Big DishBig Dish
Big Dish

Talk about a cereal bowl for giants..
Okanagan ValleyOkanagan Valley
Okanagan Valley

It begins. Taken from the See Ya Later Ranch/Winery. Wine touring, anyone?
CyclistsCyclists
Cyclists

Kendra and Keely taking a break on the roadside.
Cookin' donations!Cookin' donations!
Cookin' donations!

In the foreground in this fuzzy picture, are two massive boxes of fresh vegitables. ALL of which, were donated by local stores. That was yesterday. Today, we have to ride back down to town to pick up even more promised donations. Holy fricking crazy amounts of generosity batman. Good thing we all love to eat.


Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb