Back In A Tim Hortons


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Osoyoos
April 4th 2016
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 49.0328, -119.466

I have been banned by she-who-must-be-obeyed from detailing or photographing much about what happened during our time in B.C.. DH says it's because we will be properly exploring the province in much more detail at a later date but I suspect it's really because she's actually a little embarrassed that she now owns the world record for the most expensive souvenir shopping ever. Most people pick up a couple of fridge magnets during their travels but we don't own a fridge (or even a place to plug in a fridge) so DH came at it from the other direction and bought a place to house a fridge. A condo in the heart of Kelowna B.C.!! And yes, it includes a fridge so we now have a place for those magnets.

We had stopped in Kelowna once before for a couple of days and it immediately went on our shortlist if/when we decided to stop our extended world travel. This time around we were going to stay a little longer to see if it still belonged on this list. We had some freaky great weather (for this time of the year), met some extraordinarily friendly people, and we even found out that we could join the local yacht club without owning a boat. Despite my deer-in-the-headlights reservations, DH was sold on Kelowna (she had been looking for a home base for some time now) and she directed me to purchase a condo at her favourite address (apparently this is the penalty for not showering her in diamonds and jewels in the past). Pointing out that there is currently no Tim Hortons in the downtown area of Kelowna did cause her to pause but not for long. We found a great condo option, which became less great as we peeled back the onion- DH has her souvenir but our close date isn't until Sept- not far enough out to allow us to complete our planned roadtrip but too far out to just hang around the Kelowna bus station with the other homeless.

After completing all of the needed paperwork we fired up Billy Thunder and left town- we have a wedding back in Toronto that we have to be at in mid June so we're hoping that a good plan comes out of all the drive time we're going to have.

That's it. That's all I'm allowed to say about our time in B.C. so the blog will start up again once we leave the province. I still think that we could have bought bumper stickers instead of fridge magnets but the Princess has a castle (and she bought me a T-Shirt).


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

We Have A HomeWe Have A Home
We Have A Home

A second bedroom for visitors...hint, hint.


29th May 2016

Congratulations DH and Vic on the new condo, furniture and of course Vic, you look fab in the new T-shirt. Looking forward to seeing you both soon!
30th May 2016

Well, thanks! It's great to know that if we're in downtown Kelowna, and traffic snarls on the Bennett bridge, we can bang on your door for a night's lodging (breakfast in bed the following morning would be a nice touch, but certainly not a
requirement).
30th May 2016

Wow! I'd take a condo in Kelowna over diamonds...looks beautiful! PLEASE call when you are in Toronto/Uxbridge, would love to have you for a barbeque with some of the "old gang". Congrats on "Home Sweet Home"! xo
30th May 2016

congratulationsKelowna is certainly one of the prettiest places in the world
30th May 2016

Wow! Looks impressive...
30th May 2016

Looks like a slab of Ground Beef!!
30th May 2016

Wow! Congratulations! Can't wait to hear more!
31st May 2016

Holy Cow! That must be one huge Condo...
5th June 2016

Welcome back!
5th June 2016

Congratulations! You can't even see the twitch in Vic's eye. (Just kidding - this is exciting news!)
5th June 2016

Welcome back! Gorgeous place to rest a while after these fantastic adventures. The blog better continue though, just saying.
6th June 2016

WOW now that's a big coffee!
6th June 2016

Yup I'm coming for a visit! That is when you are actually there!!!
6th June 2016

Now you really are a local!
6th June 2016

I know Vic, it's all a little overwhelming!
6th June 2016

You might need a bigger one!
6th June 2016

Okay now THAT suits you!
11th June 2016

Congratulations you two! Always wondered where you'd finally lay your hats :o)

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 17; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb