It's Coooold!!!!


Advertisement
Published: April 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We're home!!

We had an uneventful trip home from Mexico and thats what every Rver hopes for. No trailer trouble, no truck trouble.

Before we left Mexico, there was huge concerns about the drug wars in Mexico. We chose to only stay in campgrounds, instead of Pemex gas staions, and travelled with another couple for safety. We took it very seriously but after all we do live in Vancouver. Could Mexico be any worse!! No problems.

Took 3 days to get across the Mexico/US border and arrived in Yuma. It was nice to hit the grocery store and clothes stores. We toured around a little and met up with fellow LaPenita people for dinner one night. We have such a large RV network now, it is great. 80% of Lapenita campers are from B.C. or at least Canada. Larry and James golfed in Palm Springs a couple of times. The weather was wonderful. Warm and nice during the day and then cool at night.

We left James and Karen at their home in Tehachpi, Ca (just outside of Bakersfield) and travelled to Valley Springs. Valley Springs is a farm area about 45 minutes outside of Lodi. We spent 2 nights parked in Marty and Sam Luckey's driveway. We met Marty and Sam on our first trip to Mexico in 2006. They have not been back to Mexico but with email we have kept in touch. They have a beautiful house on 5 acres with tremendous views. Their driveway was a challenge but Larry is a great backerupper. Left Marty and Sam's and drove to Chico to hook up with friends we met at Kent's Beach a couple of summers ago. Tina and Dan live in a beautiful home on a man made lake. They are both working part-time and seem to have a wonderful life. Tina is a mad quilter. Such talent.

Stayed one night in Chico, and then we were a little like the horse and the barn door. Watch out, here we come!! Arrived home on Wednesday afternoon. Wonderful to drive down our street. Our friend, Margaret Walsh was on the front porch planting my pots with beautiful flowers. What a gal!! Evan came flying down the street with arms out stretched. Mark phoned to see if the kids could spend a couple of hours with us in 5 minutes. Sure, thats what we were so anxious to come home for.

Our house is good. Other then the dishwasher has died, the vacuum has died and the downstairs washer is not worth fixing and is very dead. The people in Evan's house basement suite gave notice, the people in our basement suite gave notice. They have all been great tenants for 3 years. Michael and Bryan, Evan's caregivers/roommates have put an offer in on a house in Surrey and want Evan to move with them. I know all this will pass but it is a little over whelming right now.

I thank my luckey stars that most of all this waited until we got home. So hard to deal with these things long distance.

Talk more in the Fall!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb