Cancelled Jaiselmer....booked Amritsar


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Maple Ridge
November 26th 2010
Published: December 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Wow, what a night! Before we are even in India, we have our first taste of how things happen in India. Our itinerary, which was confirmed and 50% deposit paid over two week’s ago, has now had to change. It now turns out that all details were not confirmed in India. Our overnight train journey from Jaisalmer to Jaipur, an experience we were really looking forward to, was not booked. It turns out we are not able to get on this train. After numerous emails and telephone calls to the tour company during the night, and Sam loosing his temper with the agent, we had to change our itinerary.

CANCELLED JAISELMER….BOOKED AMRITSAR.

The down side is we had to cancel our much anticipated dessert city of Jaiselmer. The upside is that we now get to visit the Golden Temple in Amritsar. Something we had dreamt of visiting.

Another plus is we now get into Agra a night earlier, which happens to be Poonan (full moon Night). This is supposed to be the best night to visit the Taj Mahal.

Things do sometimes happen for the better!

The tour organizer, Mr. Sujoy Pramanik was most apologetic and accommodating that now Sam feels really guilty about loosing his temper with him.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb