fraser valley


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Hope
April 4th 2010
Published: April 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I get very few vacation days a year. In fact, only 10 vacation days per year until I work for at least 5 years with the same company. One of the many things that sucks about Canada - one of the lowest number of vacation days per year out of all the countries in the world. Even China is more generous with letting their minions have a rest.

Anyway, so we decided to make the most out of our Easter weekend, and rented a car to go out east to the Fraser Valley. After being stuck for hours in horrible Vancouver long weekend peak traffic (and also getting lost several times as every road looks like every other road in North America), we finally made it to our awesome bed and breakfast accommodation near Agassiz and Harrison Hot Springs. Now, I've never stayed in a BnB before. But this was definitely a great starting block, and will probably set a very high benchmark for any other BnB I visit in the future. The couple John and Jacquie (of South Garden BnB) were the loveliest of people, and very welcoming but at the same time respecting our privacy. Each morning we were treated to an awesome home-made breakfast of yogurt and home-made granola mix, piping hot omelets, fresh roasted coffee, and home-baked blueberry scones and banana bran muffins. Needless to say, we didn't need to have lunch after that.

Unfortunately the weather was a little miserable and pretty much rained the entire time, and the highways were still submerged under flurries of snow so we decided not to venture out to the Okanagan Valley as we had originally planned. Instead we just relaxed, checked out the local attractions and enjoyed our weekend away from the big city.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0673s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb