Muncho Lake


Advertisement
Published: July 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Monday, June 26 & 27



Today was an animal day. We traveled from Fort Nelson B.C. to Muncho Lake B.C. It was a very steep and winding road but beautiful scenery that offered a lot of wildlife sightings. I first spotted a black bear who was so kind to sit and look at us as we drove by. Then we came upon a small heard of Caribou. My picture didn't come out very good due to the fact that we couldn't get very close. As we traveled farther up the road we came upon some stone sheep. We ran into a couple of herds of them. We arrived at Muncho Lake early afternoon and got set up. It is a beautiful glacier filled lake and that is crystal clear and blue as a pool.The campground is right on the lake and very peaceful. Don is going to fish with Brian the owner. He has a boat and told him he would take him out tomorrow. ?? We haven't decided if we are going to leave on Wednesday or Thursday. Guess we will decide when the day comes.



Update: Don went fishing today and got a 24" 3 1/2 lb lake trout. Thanks to Brian for hooking him up!



Talk soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Muncho Lake RV Park. Muncho Lake RV Park.
Muncho Lake RV Park.

One of the nicer ones we've stayed in so far.
CaribouCaribou
Caribou

You have to look really close but there are 4 in this picture.


Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0622s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb