Tales of the talking dog


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Fernie
February 17th 2008
Published: February 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi guys,
It's been a great week and we are enjoying a relaxing weekend. Thursday was a great day for boarding with fantastic sunny weather (but not so much as to melt the snow). We both started the day with our private lesson and continued practised what we had learned for the rest of the day. The evening entertainment was tobogganing for Valentine's Day. This meant going down the nursery slope in the pitch black on plastic sheets, bum sleds, small snowboards and real sleds. How no one was hurt i do not know! Was great fun esp. watching those people climbing back up the slope diving out of the way of those sledging down.

The dog sledding (or slaying as one of the group referred to it as!) was a great way to start the Friday morning. Huskies are certainly temperamental dogs and proved this from having a mass brawl with each other whilst I was sat watching in one of the sleds. A few dogs were left with bite marks and one was left with a painfull back side, and had to sit out the sledding. They were extremely friendly with humans and one had a bark that sounded like he was talking. There were snowshoe races, hot chocolate by a camp fire and not surprisingly some sleight rides! The afternoon we spent on the hill practising some switch riding.

Being a bank holiday here on Monday we are having a break from boarding for the weekend, as the queues will spoil our usually quiet ski hill; how dare they? It will be a well earned couple of days rest before the exams next week. Much chilling and relaxing with a bit of revision for the exams.

Hope all is well at home and speak soon,
Ads


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



16th March 2008

You audiance awaits!
Nothing for nearly a month! We do check every 2 days. We love seeing your blog, and we print them off for Sarah's Grandmas. So lets have a new blog soon. Maybee you can get a photo of Stein and Adam. Hope you are having a great time still. Viv /Dad

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.039s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb