We're on our way!!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Coquitlam
September 23rd 2011
Published: September 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

On holidays!On holidays!On holidays!

This is what we're looking forward to on this trip!
Well, after months of planning, we're packed and ready. My bags weigh 85 pounds and Jill's weigh about 75 pounds. James will drive us to the airport, then return and housesit while we're away.

Today, at 12:10 on Air Berlin, we're flying to Dusseldorf, Germany where we connect through to Venice and arrive Saturday at 11:00 am. We hope to sleep on the plane and wake up in Germany at 7:00 am. Can you say "Melatonin"? I've never slept 9 hours before and I'm sure I won't this time. Hopefully, we connect with Fred and Maureen, our travel partners, at the Marin Hotel on Saturday afternoon to commence our own version of the "European Vacation".

We plan to write as many blogs as we can. Normally, Jill would do the writing, but she's gone out for a walk; so it's me. I've arranged for a special connector so we can download pictures from our camera to the iPad. I hope this will make it easier to upload pictures on the blog. I've put a teaser picture up which shows us on holidays last year so you will be able to imagine what we'll be doing on this trip.

During the week of the Croatia bicycle cruise, it might be difficult to post blogs and get email as the boat has no WIFI to use. We may decide to buy a data card so we can use the iPad, but Jill has heard that European Internet speed is very slow compared to North America so we may not. We'll see.

Hope you'll enjoy blogging with us over the course of our trip.

Cheers,
Gerry

Advertisement



23rd September 2011

Hurray!
So excited for you guys, have a great trip and we look forward to your blogs! Only about 6 months ago it was me leaving for two months, enjoy your adventure!

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb