Party time


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta
July 16th 2017
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

some modern farm machinery for planting and fertilizing. some modern farm machinery for planting and fertilizing. some modern farm machinery for planting and fertilizing.

This little piece probably cost around $800,000. One of the farms in the area has 7 of them. Not a small business, is it?
Wasn’t that a Party! Wow! All the Coasters and the locals up dancing. The music was great. They sure know how to show you a good time in Patricia. The town only has a population of about 100 and we are over 200. We stopped at the Dinosaur Provincial Park on the way there and did several little hikes before the rain started. It was raining hard when we were setting up but it was welcome and stopped almost as quickly as it started. Dinner at Patricia Hall was a terrific - roast beef and all the trimmings, followed by a log pulling contest. Two draft horses pull a log through an obstacle course and back, then they must pull the log 3 feet, then 2 feet , then 1 foot. They lose points for every inch that they are out. The youngest teamster competing these days is over sixty so it is another dying sport. We stayed two nights in Patricia, before heading to Saskatchewan.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb