Canadian Rockies Day 7


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta
July 10th 2015
Published: July 12th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 7
Had a nice peaceful night and hit the road around 10 and headed to the Storm Mountain Lodge in Banff. It's a nice place with about ten cabins and a fancy restaurant . On the way we saw a lot of ranches and one particular ranch had hats on the fence posts that went for about a mile. I guess folks stop and add hats as some posts had two hats on em. Interesting to say the least. I'll have to look that up on the internet once we get wifi. We hung out at our cabin until dinner and then went searching for wildlife as we drove up to Lake Louise. Lake Louise is very scenic and also very touristy, and it did not disappoint. Snapped some photos and headed back to our cabin. We didn't see any signs of life on our way there but on our way back we saw a grizzly and a couple of elk! Oh, and we saw a lot of spectacular scenery besides Lake Louise. Lots of glaciers high up in the mountains. Looking forward to seeing more of the park tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



12th July 2015

Spectacular! That grizzly is close! He looks hungry too!! ILYSM!!
13th July 2015

Great pics! I wonder how the hats stay on the fence? Nailed on? How's the weather? I bet it's a little chilly up there! Janet might need some more swag :)

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb