January 11, 2013 - London Calling!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta
January 12th 2013
Published: January 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Arriving fresh as daisies after a 9 hour flight and no sleep, the crew was off to see London! Landed at 1:00 PM, cleared the massive Heathrow Airport by 2:04 PM, stowed our carry on baggage and we were off and running. Caught the Heathrow Tram to Paddington Station, Paddington Station to the Tube to Trafalgar Square. We were agog (a word seldom used) but truly fitting, more so for Lisa as this was her first trip to London.

Terry and Janice left us in their wake - a true walking experience with those 2 in the lead, the shortest legs and the fastest stride! We would have walked to Scotland, but thank goodness our time was limited. Big Ben was looking as majestic as ever, but Doug thought he looked better. Westminister Abby was closed 1 minute before we arrived as well as the Cloisters but we managed to pop our heads in. After the Abby we did what all good Brit's do... yup ... stopped at the pub! Deb, Anna and Lisa had a personal pint with the lass herself, Queen E., she was sporting her pearls and looking fine.

We attempted to run across Hyde Park to see Buckingham Palace, but the gopher holes and darkness prohibited us from doing so safely. We did safely see Whitehall Square.

Returning to the airport by 6:25 PM and ready to board the flight to Dehli departing at 20:55. Who says you can't do London in 4 hours 21 minutes!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb