We're HERE!!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta
June 22nd 2007
Published: June 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post


We got to Three Hills, Alberta this afternoon. The other two couples are already here, and are very welcoming. They’ve been with RVICS for several years, so they’re able to answer our questions about RVICS, as well as questions about the motor home.
We will be working at Prairie Bible Institute…a high school as well as a two year college. The college kids have gone home, and the high school will be dismissed the end of next week. (The elementary kids are still in school in Canada too!) The women will be working in the library, and the men will be building some props for the school. We don’t know for sure what that means, but will get more direction on Monday. We’re excited to be here, and to be beginning what we’ve waited soooo long to do!
I will make another entry when I know more. What I know for sure now is that our day begins with daily devotions (just the RVICS couples) at 8, and work begins at 8:30. The women work until 11:30, and the men till 12:00. (We get off early to fix lunch!) Then the men go back to work from 1-3:00, but we’re done for the day! That schedule works for me! I will send more as I learn more.
We drove around town tonight just to see what else is here. We found the golf course right away (they're closed tomorrow for a tournament!), as well as the aquatic center and the downtown area. I don't know how big Three Hills is (they don't put the population on signs entering the towns...does Montana still do that?) but they have lots of young people as well as several areas designated for the 50+ers! I guess people from Calgary retire here, because it's so expense to live there. Bea and Barney (our lead couple) are from Calgary, and got a kick out of hearing our route through their town!




Advertisement



23rd June 2007

Thanks
Thanks for setting up this site. It will be very nice to be able to travel with you and keep up with what you are doing.
24th June 2007

This is SO great! But how on earth are you two going to be up by 8? You haven't seen 8 o'clock in months :)
2nd July 2007

I just read all of your entries and glad you are seeing the sun before 8. Mornings really are the best! Did you send your blog address to all the "verse a day" people? If not would you like me too? I know everyone would like to hear about your adventures.

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb