jour 9


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Stettler
May 28th 2012
Published: June 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Today we said our goodbyes to the Yates and started the Rockies leg of our trip. I just want to jump right into the mountain scenery but should first report on the morning drive. It took about 2 hours to reach Red Deer without any irregularities. Once in Red Deer we drove around to find the tourist info center and a superstore to fill up on the staples and to our surprise a beautiful bike path lay at the crest of the parking lot. So we hoped on our bikes and toured the length of the Red Deer River. A nice ride but the kids seemed a little fatigued from their Byemoor adventures or misadventures.

We soon headed back on the road west and I quickly learned a new lesson about speed bumps and cooking on a stove while driving. I probably will not repeat that one, nor the expletives.

And then the Rockies. So many postcard scenes with crystal clear greenish blue water and snow-capped mountains. We made a few stops along the way to snap some shots of the wildlife – long horned sheep, blocking the road , elk , until at one point Joseph and I got a little too close to a bear cub along the side of the road. How was I to know you’re not supposed to get out of the vehicle? Another lesson learned. Once again, we pulled in late to the campgrounds. The Jasper campground is quiet and quite treed with not so much of a view,. It’s all good as we should now have a few days to rest up and take in the beauty.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



4th June 2012

Je pense souvent à vous. Continuez à faire un beau voyage

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb