The Rest of Alberta!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Jasper
April 3rd 2012
Published: April 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Edmonton, ABEdmonton, ABEdmonton, AB

1st night back from holidays. The antics begin again!
Greetings! Hank and I arrived safely back on the relay in Edmonton. Our hotel was the Delta which was actually part of a huge mall.

Our first relay day was very busy! I was made host and had 2 medal bearer meetings with some very important people. Since this isn't my usual role, I was quite nervous. With the help of Monty, Scott and Herve we pulled them off quite well! Since Rick was with us in Edmonton, many of his friends and colleagues were MB's.

The next day was an event day. I helped out at a school presentation and then later that afternoon went to the West Edmonton Mall to watch some of my team go bungee jumping!

The next day we relayed to Spruce Grove. Marika from head office and her husband and son joined us on the road. We were teamed up to be hosts! What a great family! We had so much fun! Her son Ben and her husband Jan were such a great help!

Next we moved onto Stony Plain and then to Edson. Our end of day celebration in Edson was outdoors. It was a warm sunny day. The crowd was very enthused. Great participation doing our 'Firework Dance'!

We spent St. Paddy's day in Hinton! The following day we moved onto Jasper! What a spectacular drive! The scenery and wildlife was amazing! We stayed at the Jasper Lodge. I watched bull elk knocking antlers. I saw big horned sheep blocking the road. Said goodbye to Marika, Jan and Ben. We will see them again in the lower mainland of BC. Also said goodbye to Alberta!

One more province to go....stay tuned!

Love always, Weedie and Jeepa xoxoxoxoxo....


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Edmonton, ABEdmonton, AB
Edmonton, AB

Medal Bearer Andy Social with his service dog "Baby"! Andy is part of the Soldier On program and Baby is a destressing dog!
Edomonton, ABEdomonton, AB
Edomonton, AB

Medal Bearer Bob, a good friend of Ricks!
Edmonton, ABEdmonton, AB
Edmonton, AB

Sporting my Cold Lake Ball Cap from Rick's original tour!
Edson, ABEdson, AB
Edson, AB

Random window display! Chucky eeeeee!!!!
Edson, ABEdson, AB
Edson, AB

Doing "The Dance" at EOD!
Edson, ABEdson, AB
Edson, AB

Family dinner!
Hinton, ABHinton, AB
Hinton, AB

Marika, Ben and I with our MB's
Hinton, ABHinton, AB
Hinton, AB

Marilyn and I celebrating the Irish way!


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb