Banff back to Jasper


Advertisement
Published: July 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We took a bus tour from Banff back to Jasper today. On the way back we stopped to pick people up at Lake Louise and had the chance to take a clearer picture of the glacier and lake. From here we stopped to see the Peyto glacier, many mountains and waterfalls. We were lucky enough to see three more black bear during the journey just walking along eating dandelions and turning rocks looking for food at different spots along the road. The second one looked up at us in the bus and then crossed the road. About half way to Jasper we stopped at the Columbia Icefield and took a special bus up the glacier. There are 23 of these buses - 22 here and 1 at the Arctic used by the US to transport staff to the station post. The boys drank glacier water from a stream coming down the glacier. Where we stood the ice is 1000 feet deep to bedrock. Cold and amazing to see. Our final stop before Jasper was the Athabascar Falls which feed off of the Athabascar glacier. And of course we ended the day with a swim at the hotel pool.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0656s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb