Jasper - Sun Peaks


Advertisement
Published: May 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

We are finding the pace of the travel a little fast, we are getting into our destinations at about 4 pm and leaving again by 8.30. We are used to stopping for a while and really seening a place. I think most of the people on the tour would have liked a couple of days in Jasper.

On our way to Jasper we travelled through beautiful scenery again in our coach. Through the spectacular icefields parkway, claimed the most beautiful road in the world. We stopped at the Columbia Icefield for a unique and exciting ride in a specially designed Ice Explorer onto the athabasca Glacier. We got out and walked on the Glacier the ice we were walking on was the depth of the Eiffel Tower.

We stayed in a beautiful lodge right on the edge of Lake Beaufort (will have to check spelling when I am not so tired) once again a beautiful spot, we wished we could have stayed and gone for a long walk around the lake. Unfortunately we had to leave this lovely spot without really seeing it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Ice FieldIce Field
Ice Field

This icefield is the size of Vancouver (amazing)
Passing another vehiclePassing another vehicle
Passing another vehicle

The huge tyres had 15lb per square inch to enable the vehicles to grip the ice. But it was quite exciting over steep slopes.


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb