On Tour with Led Zeppelin.


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Grande Prairie
February 18th 2009
Published: February 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello from Grande Prairie, Alberta. The furthest north our tour goes. I think! And it's a nice and cold here. It's another run down town in Canada. Nothing here but some cold Canadians! Well since learning our tour is ending our crew has gone a little crazy. In P.G. one of our sound guys bought a drum set! So we've been jamming back stage, and of course jamming really loudly. We now have to find our own room in the next cities! The Band's room! We also put up our show faster than we ever did, and it wasn't for the shows purpose. The night before we loaded into PG one of the crew guys bought a Led Zeppelin live dvd and the whole crew got pumped when someone decided it would be awesome to play that on the big screen on our set!! I should explain that during each load in we always have a few hours before the show and after we've loaded in. Usually we just chill and the sound guys always play music over the big sound system. Our head sound has been playing a lot of Led Zeppelin, so everyone is into that right now. So we worked extra hard to get the set, grid and deck up before lunch. So we did and when we got back from lunch we all went out to the bowl and watch Led on the big screen. The light guys got into and started running the lights in the building with the music. IT was awesome. The skaters thought we were all crazy. And the locals didn't know what to think. And then after Led, the head electrician decided to hook up his Xbox to the big screen and play halo on a 50 foot screen!! Load out was okay in PG. Slow, but no one seemed to care. So tour has changed a little. We all searching for jobs now and have already begin reminising about good times on this tour. 33 more days and then it's over. But I think were all ready to get back to the states. Two more weeks for that. Thankfully. I am ready. Hopefully it'll get warmer has we head down south. I am sure north dakota is still going to be cold though! Well I am off to do more of nothing. Back to work tomorrow. Love from Canada!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0949s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb