And the adventure begins - EDMONTON


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Edmonton
August 23rd 2013
Published: August 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

This wasn't really how I had planned my last day to go.. at all. Started off in the morning packing and cleaning my room which will now be a spare bedroom, said goodbye to my pets ( hope by kitty is doing okay without me) said a final goodbye to Ross. The entire morning I was feeling off but I figured it was just from the nerves and stress. Half way to the airport we had to pull over so I could be sick. Once arriving at the Hamilton airport, we easily got my tickets and found our way to my boarding area. I got sick 3 more times before even getting on the plane so I knew this flight would be 4 hours of torture. I sat in row 7c, an aisle seat. A gross, middle aged smelly man sat near the window and no one in between us. He repeatedly burped for the entire trip, and told me to stay on my own side because I seem sick. Sleeping on a plane is impossible when you have to get up every half hour to puke. Finally I got enough courage and asked the guy if he would move to the empty seat behind us for half an hour so I could lay down because I felt horrible. He stared at me for 2 minutes and then said fine. I had just fallen asleep and he comes over and taps me to get up because he doesn't like that seat. 10 minutes of decent rest, that was it. Finally our plane lands in Edmonton, and I am quite nervous and excited to look for Petra and Chris, two people I am related to but never really met before. They were very welcoming and nice and gave off a warm feeling that put me at ease. We went to a restaurant called Joeys that was 18+. It was dark, had loud music, had a bar, and fancy decorations like a water filled stone pool in the centre. We ordered these really neat appetizers that are peas in a pot that are boiled and then put into a soy sauce with sesame seeds and some other spices. Wow was it delicious! I had a 500 salad which had everything healthy that you could imagine, quinoa, black beans, even watermelon radish! Later we drove past the west Edmonton mall which is one of the largest in the world. It has a hotel, casino, watermark, IMAX theatre, and roller coaster in it! We finally got to their house and showed me around abit, met the pets, Casa and Nova, then headed to bed! Zzz...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb