Day 17: The Way Home


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Edmonton
January 4th 2013
Published: January 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

A couple of quick stops this morning to buy just a bit more chocolate before we leave and drop off the keys to the apartment before we made our way to the airport.

After that, it was all about airplanes and airports! Found our souvenir magnet at the Zurich airport before boarding our Swiss Air flight to Chicago. Spent the entire flight wathcing movies and eating! They had some of the best food we've ever had on a flight, although one of our neighbours would beg to differ. He was whining so much about the chicken meatloaf that Jon was just about ready to spear the meat with his own fork and eat it for the guy just to shut him up!

Got into the Chicago airport around 4:00 and killed our 4 hour layover between a) an hour in the customs line, b) navigating between terminals, c) indulging in Chicago deep dish pizza, and d) sleeping. The 4 hour flight was also spent sleeping. Arrived into Edmonton just after 11:00 pm and were greeted by the smiling face of Donna's mom, who was in town for a visit.

All in all, it's been a great trip. We loved every part of it. It was interesting to see that such a small country could still have so much diversity.

Highlights for us:

- toboganning in Grindelwald

- seeing the Matterhorn

- riding the Glacier Express

- exploring all the old towns with their churches, castles, and everything else!

- learning to navigate/drive in a completely different environment than we are used to

Highly recommend Switzerland to anyone!! Especially the toboganning 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb