Stranded in Alberta


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Edmonton
July 4th 2010
Published: July 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The simplest way to put this is we are stranded in Alberta awaiting further documentation to arrive in Seoul, through the UPS Overnight Superman Express courier system!

Shauna and I are sitting around trying to come up with the best ways to abide our time without spending too much money, since we are suppose to arrive in Seoul with at least $500 USD each, until we earn our first pay checks! yikes!

Yikes... is the reasoning behind having to fly from Edmonton to San Francisco via Vancouver, so that we both may receive our "Moral Character" interviews at the Korean Consulate of our designated jurisdiction area. Furthermore, leaving our passports with the Consulate for an overnight stay at the beautiful Wharf's of two beautiful cities, in order to receive the E2 Visa Stamp, into our passports! We are truly anticipating this day! Although when it happens, Shauna will be in Vancouver and I will be in San Francisco.

The good for Shauna is she will be staying with Kate, Tara & Sushi in BC, kicking it on the patio, checking our the nightlife, sipping Bellini's and sharing triumphant friendly stories! I on the other hand will be hanging out on the wharf watching large Seals gawk at people who are gawking at them with camera equipment, trying to find a relaxing location I haven't been to in the downtown San Francisco Bay Area... unless I luck out and the SF Giants are playing a game against the imposing CO Rockies or even better yet the ML Brewers!

But at this point... we are still hopefull because our recruiter and teacher coordinator have been speaking with the Korean Immigration Office in Seoul on our behalf trying to pull as many pinnochio strings as possible!

But until then we are all ???'s and awaiting the day of pure eXcitement when we are given the Go Ahead on our travels to South Korea!



Advertisement



11th July 2010

I came across your post by accident but I enjoyed it. You will love teaching in Korea! I have a friend there doing the same and I've gone and spent lots of time there with him. At first, he loved it, then hated it, but now that he's really adjusted he loves it! Korea is a really unique place. I have some Korea stuff (not much) on my community travel blog, and we're always looking for travelers to contribute. If you have the time, check it out at dirty-hippies.blogspot.com, or email me at dirtyhippiesblog@gmail.com. Good luck getting out of Alberta, and enjoy Korea! Heather :)

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb