Alaska Day 5


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Calgary
July 6th 2016
Published: July 7th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Day 5 started out at 48 degrees and overcast and looked rainy. We hit the road early as this is the day we must get to Calgary and get Bob's new tire put on.

Left at 7 AM and put on my rain gear. Surprisingly enough we dodged the storms all day, or the storms dodged us so that we did not ride in any rain at all.

46 miles to the border and no problems at all with customs.

I did get a speeding ticket at Claresholm. Left town with all the other traffic going the same speed but all were over the limit and I got singled out.

On to Calgary was on Hwy 2 and nice ride. Traffic was not too bad. Arrived at the dealership for the tire at 12:30 and they told us it would be done by 5 pm.

A friend and fellow valkyrie motorcyle rider who lives in Calgary came over and met us at the dealership. Took us out to lunch for some awesome BBQ. Then we hiked to the top of the hill to take some pics of the city. Sat and talked for hours. So awesome to belong to a motorcylcle club where we all enjoy each others company. Kevin showed us an awesome time and I wish he can come to Indiana so I can return the favor.

We had a room reserved on the west side of Calgary and when we left the dealership it was terrible traffic and he offered to guide us to our hotel. Again dodged some very strong thunderstorms.

We thanked him and parted ways.

Sat down and ordered dinner. Spaghetti was awesome.

Back to the room to finish this blog and get some shuteye.

Going to be a big day tomorrow and weather is supposed to be nice.

Banff, Jasper and Lake Louise.

Thats all for now. See you on day 6


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb