Alaska, Canada and NYC Day 19


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Calgary
June 16th 2014
Published: June 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hmm - up early, pack bags and down for breakfast. Give book I had just finished to Vince (on Anzac stories). Settle account and off tot the airport heading for Calgary and our next tour (Rocky Mountains).

Get the right taxi for our voucher and arrive at the airport in plenty of time. Book in and drop bags (1 almost at limit the other still under). Do some more wifi stuff (all the last 7 or so posts from the ship) and then go through security. Oops - forgot to take the shampoo out of the hand luggage - that has to go - all quite good about it but held the line up a bit - d'oh......

On the flight and into Calgary - after quite a few violent bumps - rock and roll in the sky.......

Big looking city from the air - lots of urban sprawl and the taxi into town seems to be a lot like Tulla - greenery then into the outer burbs and finally the city. Get to the hotel and book in. Get our travel papers and then do the meet the travel director registration bit. A man this time (Russell). Seems nice and gives us a our agenda, tags, etc.

We decide to go for a walk (after I try to fix a broke zipper on one of the bags - get pliers from concierge and fix to a degree). Russell suggests a walk by the river good choice - pretty area and takes about 1 hour so plenty of fresh air. We get the start of peak hour - people walking home everywhere.

Back to the hotel for the welcome reception - this time we have 49 on the tour - bugger.... In we go and meet a couple on the way in so sit with them. A few others join us - including 1 couple whose bags have gone missing. Do the where are you from bits - thinking the missing bag couple were from Sydney so bagged them out a bit - oops - they are form Vic, and worse, they are from wonga park (heritage actually).

Interesting.... Night goes pretty well, and guess what - last table - yay, keeping up the tradition.

Off to bed as we have a 0700 bag pull for an 0800 meeting time. Interesting group.

Advertisement



18th June 2014

Travels
Love to see some photos

Tot: 0.352s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.119s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb